My Parkour Training Plan
This is my personal Parkour Training Plan, so I can just put all the info in one place for when I need it.
1. Train at least 3 times a week with a proper training plan
2. From now until end of 2017: Master the basics, perfect my technique
3. Strength and condition my body
4. Injury prevention techniques
My Current Situation
I am soooo crazy lazy. If I make working out too hard, I just won't do it because the mental barrier to start is just too high haha. My current workout policy is "SOME is better than NONE!". 5 push-ups is better than no push-ups, am I right. Yes, I am because I know my lazy work-out self too well.
And then the goal is to work up from there.
- Currently unemployed, can train all days of week.
- 3 sessions of 2 - 4 hours per week
- Plus smaller workout sessions of 30 mins - 1 hour.
- When employed, will likely work 5 days a week.
- 2 sessions of 2 - 3 hours during weeknights + 1 longer session on the weekend
- Plus smaller workout sessions of 30 mins.
Where can I practice parkour:
- Inside my home / in my driveway
- Nearby park
- Nearby office building complex
- AAPES (Parkour gym)
- Outdoor parkour locations
These are the various movements of parkour I'd like to focus on, ranked on my priority. However, I would like to have good baseline technique in all these aspects by the end of 2017.
- Wall runs
- Climb ups
- Cat pass
- Precision jumps
- Arm jumps
- Tic tacs
Additional aspects include:
- Injury minimisation
IDEAL training schedule
|Monday||Home/Driveway||1 hour||Strength and Conditioning|
|Tuesday||AAPES Parkour Gym||3 hours||Class and Open Session|
|Wednesday||Driveyway||45 mins||Wall runs, Climb ups, Pre's|
|Friday||Outdoor City||2 hours||Depends on location|
|Saturday||Nearby home||30 mins||Strength and Conditioning|
|Sunday||Outdoor||2 hours||Depends on location|
Parkour Workout Examples:
|Location||Item||Breaking it down|
|Outdoor||Climb Ups||Cat Hang, Cat Pull Up, Wall Support Kick, Cat Hang Knee Drive, Monkey Plant|
|Outdoor||Cat Passes||Ground Kong, Monkey Splat, Cat Pass|
|Outdoor||Precision Jumps||Precision to same level, higher, lower|
Strength and conditioning
Bedroom Workout: Right when I wake up...
|Home||Seiza Sit||3 mins||Warm up, Injury Prevention|
|Home||Glute Bridges||10 reps||Injury Prevention|
|Home||Arch Hold||10 reps||Injury Prevention, Flips, Laches|
|Home||Quadrupedal||2 laps||Full Body|
|Home||Foward Walking Lunge||2 laps||Jumps, Strides, Tic Tacs|
|Home||Ankle Inversion Walk||2 laps||Injury Prevention|
Break from Computer Workout: Just tell yourself... hey. Let's just start with 10 push-ups. That's easy-peasy right and you love push-ups. That's all, just 10 push-ups.
|Home||Push Ups||10 reps||Full Body|
|Home||Vertical Jumps (soft land)||10 reps||Jumps, Landings|
|Home||Squats||15 reps||Injury Prevention|
|Home||Step Ups (with knee raise)||10 on each side||Full Body|
|Driveway||Precision Jumps||20 clean||Precision Jumps|
|Driveway||Wall Dips||10 reps||Climb Ups, Vaults|
|Driveway||Wall Runs||Until sick of it||Wall Runs|
|Driveway||Monkey Plants||20 reps||Climb Ups|
|Driveway||Wall Support Kick||20 reps||Climb Ups|
|Park||Dead Hang||15s on, 10s off, 6 sets||Climb Ups, Pull ups|
|Park||Angled Pull Up||Tabata style 6 sets||Pull Ups, Climb Ups|
|Park||Knees to Elbow (dead hang)||10 reps||Underbars, Laches, Flips|
|Park||Soft Depth Drops||Until sick of it||Drops|
|Park||Monkey Plants||Until sick of it||Climb ups, Cat Passes|
- Training Plan Outline Guide by Nerd Fitness:
- Exercises for Parkour Beginners by Parkour Edu:
- Trained Beginner Parkour Strength Training Movements (Youtube Playlist) by Ryan Ford: